08 August 2006

On a personal note

Have not been blogging much later. I have been on the road for the last two days with my lady driving to an undisclosed location to our south. Before that I was trying to finish up some work, including my article on the Second Master of the Temple. We will be here for a week and a half, during which time I will have access to a good computer with broadband! So I will try to blog a whole lot more. Maybe I will catch up with some of the post I have promised at one point or another. Since we are in this god-forsaken swamp during the hottest time of the year I am going to stay inside huddled near the air conditioning, thinking thought of Minnesota in January.

Our trip here was through some of the most poverty stricken towns in South Carolina and Georgia. Some downtowns consisted of almost nothing but abandonned or burntout buildings. We saw so many torn up, rusted out, or falling down mobile homes that when we finally passes a mobile home park where all the homes were in moderatley good shape - it looked like an upscale communtiy in comparison.

We also passed through Claxton, which bills itself as Fruitcake Capital of the World!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home