04 June 2007

Derbyshire and el Prez

For some reason buried deep in the reptilian part of my brain John Derbyshire, historian of math, writer of right-wing commentary, and clever fellow, almost always manages to crack me up with his opinions. I've linked to him before.

Here's a new one, about the shoddy way el Pres and his minions have been talking nasty to their own base:

Clever, bright, witty, and personable people turn to snarling and scratching. And always, always the insinuation that you are a bad person and I am your moral superior.

(I leave George W. Bush out of that “clever, bright, witty and personable” category. The man’s an idiot, and I’m ashamed I ever supported him. However, I am not going to claim I am his moral superior. My refusal so to claim surely makes it clear that I am a better person than he is.)


aside: other than Jack Perry the Derby is the only person I know who understands why Lionheart Oiler should be commemorated.

ps: You will notice that I do NOT claim to be the Derby's moral superior. That would be wrong. And untrue probably.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home