25 April 2008

My favorite bar is in the news!!

It seems that one of the richest congressman out there (a Republican btw) claims on his expense account that he slept one night at the Tune Inn in Washington DC, my home town. It is just down the block from the Capital Building and the Library of Congress. Now I have spent some late evenings in the Tune Inn, but I have never actually spent the night there. Nor can I imagine anyone spending the night there. In fact, it is known as "a storied dive bar" - and a certain number of the stories involve friends, colleagues and a few students my university has sent to DC.

But this story takes the cake.

ps: this is where James Carville and Mary Matalin supposedly went on their first date. Well, stranger liaisons have been sealed at the Tune Inn.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home