08 August 2011

Personal note

We arrived in that unnamed port city to the south, aka the sweltering hell hole. Hard to believe we made the troops come down to this place to hang around Palma Ceia until we were ready to send them off to invade Cuba.

Anyway, everything is fine. Went to Inkwood book store and spent a lot of money buying books neither of us have time to read. Then off to Mother's.

Depending on how I feel, this either means I will be posting a lot this week, or not at all. Too soon to tell.

But it is hotter than blue blazes down here. Tomorrow, Long Boat Key.

on the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 09 August, 2011 11:43, Anonymous The Old Man said...

Philidelphia? Why Philidelphia? Why not someplace like Barrow, Alaska?

 
At 09 August, 2011 22:55, Anonymous Maire said...

Hide in the a/c somewhere and finish your syllabi!

 
At 10 August, 2011 13:11, Blogger Clemens said...

Old One:
Philadelphia: hometown of W.C. Fields (which see, in Wikepedia).

He was the man who said "Ahh yes. It was a woman who drove me to drink. And I never even wrote to thank her."

One of my favorite comic actors.

 
At 10 August, 2011 13:13, Blogger Clemens said...

Maire:

Syllabi? We don't need no stinkin' syllabi!

Or words to that effect. This week I work on the Alans article. NEXT week I worry about school work.

After all, if the good folks of NC don't care about their children's education, why should we?

But I'll get around to it. Eventually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home