08 August 2006

A Man After My Own Heart!

This is a post I picked up from Joey Sobrino - I approve of his sense of priorities. [no link - I want to preserve his privacy]

Charlie Rockets - Bruges, Belgium - I stayed at Charlie Rockets because the recommended hostel in Ghent (all of them at the time actually) had no vacancies. Turned out that was a blessing because I felt like I got all I needed on a quick stop. Bruges is phenomenal city. The hostel leaves a little to be desired. Shared key (still not sure how this works w/r/t people trying to get in... I always dropped it off), questionable breakfasts and the fact that it doubles as a smoky bar means you should only stay there if something else isn't available. One of the worst (again, not saying much, they were all acceptable) hostels I was at. However, it had some really decent Belgian ales on tap downstairs, including Lindemann's Framboise and Kriek if memory serves. [My italics]

2 Comments:

At 09 August, 2006 00:57, Blogger Joey said...

Man after reading that mess of a comment, privacy is the last thing on my mind. In an effort to be efficient, I combined footnotes, grammatical mistakes, and bitching in one rambling paragraph.

Yechk,

Joey

 
At 09 August, 2006 16:23, Blogger Clemens said...

And Tia thinks you are such a good, intuitive writer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home