27 December 2006

A challenge!

Claw of the Conciliator has challenged his readers to come up with their list of best books read in 'aught-six'. Having a failing memory, I will have to wait until I get back to the mountains and dig out my list of books I've read (if I can remember where I left it). There are a lot.

Certainly Peter Heather's Fall of Rome, and Gibbon's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, vol iii, will be on it, as well as Cervante's Don Quijote and perhaps even Gomes' The Good Book. I would also include The Bartemeus Trilogy by Jonathan Stroud which I listened to on tape. I am never sure that my appreciation of recorded books is because they are great books, or because the reader is so good. I would probably have to include some of Steven King's Dark Tower opus in this list too.

I'll get back to you on this.

3 Comments:

At 28 December, 2006 11:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Heather and Gomes I have a reasonable chance of reading, so maybe I'll check them out of the liberry!

 
At 28 December, 2006 12:12, Blogger Joey said...

The World is Flat - Thomas Friedman
The Fairtax boox - Neil Boortz and Rep Linder


I think I read more than that this year but I am not remember anything else (I got about half way through The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand but when I went back to school I gave up on it, I should see if I can resume it.)

--Joey

 
At 28 December, 2006 13:03, Blogger Clemens said...

Joey - do NOT bother getting back to the Fountainhead, or anything else by AR. A deep seated personal prejudice of mine.

Elliot: Any suggestions of something to take on my visit to the monastery?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home