15 March 2007

Anarcho-syndicallist what??!1

Does anyone out there remember Michael Moorcock? He's a British science/fantasy writer I used to read back during the Vietnam era. Apparently he is not only alive and well, but living in America and becoming disenchanted with the American political system. Imagine that.

But his name appears in this post from National Review, where he is referred to as an "Anarcho-syndicalist science-fantasy writer.

Can anybody who has read him more recently than I explain that?

4 Comments:

At 16 March, 2007 09:35, Blogger Elliot said...

Judging from his "Starship stormtroopers" article he's been an anarchist since the '70s.

 
At 16 March, 2007 10:52, Blogger Clemens said...

I'll try to read that - do you have anymore info on it? All I remember of his was the Eternal Champion and his series set in a bizarre evil British Empire. At that time I read almost everything he wrote.

 
At 16 March, 2007 16:18, Blogger Elliot said...

I linked to it in that post about Steve Hayes and the Inklings.

 
At 22 March, 2007 10:34, Blogger Clemens said...

OK - read it. You are right. He IS an anarcho-syndicalist sf writer. Somehow I have a vision of him wearing a beret holding a rifle and defending the barricades in Barcelona. Him and Orwell.

Actually, he'd probably like that image.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home