10 April 2007

The super-duper New Vista from Windows

TaaaDaaa.

Well, now that I've had it on my new machine for a month or two, what do I think of it?

Nice graphics - I can use a cute picture of a Kitty cat for my password box which, as it happens, helps me to remember my password - and anyone else if they know Latin really really well.

And ... uhh. Wait a minute, I'm sure there's something else good about it. Oh, yes. The games: spider solitaire and Purble Place. Great fun. Everything else is pretty much like the old windows.

Except that Vista is not compatible with a lot of things, like some of our old software, one of the drivers that Dell insists on installing on its computers that are allegedly ready for Vista, and it won't open any attachments on any of my e-mail programs.

Which, if you think of it, is a bit like buying a brand new car, say a Camry, the industry standard, and then finding that you can't drive it on certain older roads because the car engineers didn't think you really need to drive on them.

Clovis the computer mavin has offered to come over and replace Vista with the last version of Windows - just as he has had to do with several of the perfessors here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home