14 February 2008

Curriculum Reform: How NOT to defend it

"John Lavine, the dean at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism (my alma mater), is facing scrutiny over a series of anonymous quotes in an alumni magazine story he authored defending the school's controversial curriculum overhaul." This is the start of a delicious little tidbit over at National Review written by Guy Benson. Benson gives the good dean's response"

He defended his use of anonymous quotes by drawing a distinction between a news story and a "letter" to alumni in a magazine. "I am not about to defend my veracity," he later said.

I added the emphasis on a statement that should be emblazoned on Lavine's forehead.

ps: Only someone who works within a 200 yard radius of my office will understand the true humor of this item. For the rest of you: sorry.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home