29 July 2008

Iraq returns to normal!

Well, depending on what you mean by 'normal.'

This morning since I rode the bus early up the mountain to Boone I was only half-awake. I staggered to my favorite place to tank up on coffee - the Boone Baglery. Picked up the copy of USA Today laying on the bench - it's not like I'm actually going to pay for the darn thing. There, on the inside page was the following headline to a story:
July troop deaths in Iraq may be lowest of war. Top general: Violence near 'normal' levels.

Right below this story was the headline for the next story:
Suicide bombers kill more than 50. Al-Qaeda in Iraq 'is not defeated,' U.S. colonel says.

Glad the Surge has brought some clarity to the problem.


for how I spent my evening in Boone, go here and here.

.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 30 July, 2008 17:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fiscal requirements to get elected? While I am sure that can be demanding to raise the money, I feel fairly confident that "[...] improvements to his vacation home in Alaska, such as a new first floor, garage, wraparound deck, plumbing and electrical wiring; as well as car exchanges, a Viking gas grill, furniture and tools" aren't directly related to running for office.

I hope he is hung by his ballsbluff. I have hated this guy for years. Maybe we can get a group discount by throwing Reid in also?

--Joey

 
At 30 July, 2008 17:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoops wrong story... this was supposed to be the link above

--Joey

 
At 31 July, 2008 12:05, Blogger Clemens said...

Yes, I was getting confused. Now I can blame all my confusion on Joey, at least for today.

Then I go back to using 'incurable sleep apnea.'

It seems that Alaskans love him. Sorta on the Trumanesque principle of 'Sure he's an SOB, but he's OUR SOB.'

(btw, what's your excuse? And leave genetics out of it)

 
At 31 July, 2008 12:05, Blogger Clemens said...

PS: Tia wants to know why you aren't posting on you own blogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home