16 May 2006

One GOOD reason to like Georgie's speech

The Dementor Cons over at National Review Online's Corner hated it! It's actually amusing to watch them contorting into pretzels to bite themselves on the tail in frustration. I'm feeling better already. Do yourself a favor and read some of it. One of their readers wrote in with this post. Kathryn Jean Lopez, who they endearingly call KayLo (just a sample of their cleverness), apparently did not understand just what it meant, so she posted it. Or maybe she likes being compared to a Dementor. I love the imagery. See what you think.

I just stopped by the Corner to see what was happening. I think I have discovered a new group of conservatives (crunchy cons, neocons, etc.). Dementor Cons. If you haven't read Harry Potter, Dementors are creatures that suck all happiness out of people. I think you have more Dementors at the Corner than a convention of Azkaban prison guards (see Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban if you wonder)

2 Comments:

At 16 May, 2006 16:50, Blogger Joey said...

It sure sounds like she understands it. I think it is ironic.

There was a terrific post on the corner about immigration and unfortunately I can't find it on the site or in my history. It was called something like 10 tips for immigrants.

Highly insightful and well written. Oh well.

 
At 18 May, 2006 00:14, Blogger Clemens said...

Highly insightful and well written. At the Corner!!!???

BTW, glad you managed to get home from the wilds of Ireland. Finally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home