06 March 2007

Katrina and our wounded soldiers

I have been waiting for someone to draw the obvious analogy between the shabby treatment of our military wounded at Walter Reed Hospital and the Katrina fiasco. Neither are accidents, nor simply the normal friction created by gummy bureaucracies - they are the result of deliberate government action. This little column by Paul Krugman of the New York Times explains why. Since it agrees with my own conclusions, I have decided that it is brilliant, even though Krugman is not ordinarily my favorite critic of the administration. Still, on this subject I think he nails it.

And while Congress is busy posturing in public about how shocked and outraged they are that this has been going on, they should examine the source: their own policies and their willful blindness to the unintended results.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home