10 April 2007

Procrastination time is coming to an end...

... so why am I spending time blogging? (Anactoria, are you out there?)

Because I have a paper to write. By 1 pm on Saturday when I have to stand up in front of a group of history professors from around the country and read it.

But I am making progress. Just today I checked the conference program on the computer to see exactly what I am writing on: "Chariot Warfare and its Effects on Europe." That's a mistake btw, it should read "Chariot Warfare and its Effects on Eurasia" - no sense limiting the topic. And I've checked out the book I am going to shamelessly plagiarize ... no, make that brilliantly reformulate ... for my paper.

And while I don't know much about chariot warfare in the late Bronze Age, I know a great deal more about it than the guys who will be there this Saturday. Unless Robert Drews shows up - then I'm dead.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 12 April, 2007 00:36, Blogger Anactoria said...

lol!

It sounds like it will be an interesting presentation. Too bad you can't present first thing in the morning when the audience is likely to be groggy and disoriented. ;)

I hope you post about it. (No matter how humiliating it gets!)

Seriously though - good luck!

 
At 12 April, 2007 15:27, Blogger Clemens said...

I knew you would appreciate my little 'problem' with procrastination. I've been meaning to get some help with it, but keep putting it off.

And I intend to post about the paper and the conference.

Just as soon as I get around to it.

[I've been working on the paper all day, except for a long lunch and several posts, and this comment, and, uh, oh look - there's a big bird outside my window!]

 
At 13 April, 2007 13:53, Blogger Anactoria said...

Tsk tsk! Friday afternoon already! Where did the time go...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home