21 April 2007

A Quiz, dedicated to Mora

It's a beautiful Saturday afternoon, I can hear the buzz of lawn mowers in the background, it is not yet time to walk the lummox, and I have another paper to research and write by 10 May. Sounds like procrastination time to me! And, courtesy of not one but two of Claw of the Conciliator's blog buddies, here is a quiz to waste my time on. All answers contain a certain amount of truthiness due to the fact that my lady Carmen reads this blog.


---10 Firsts---
First Best Friend:: Accurate answer: Mike Ball; True answer: David Carpenter (we were intellectually in tune: he grew up to be an ambulance driver, I grew up to be an historian)
First Screenname:: You mean, like 'Clemens'?
First Pet Name:: For me, or my own pet? If the former, Snicker-Doodle. If the latter, Pinkie - my pink and white kitty cat.
First Piercing:: ??? OK - lower back (to remove squashed disc)
First Crush:: Sarah Harper (I think it was her idea)
First CD:: Oh dear. At my age, let's say first LP (that's one of those vinyl discs played on a Hi Fi record player): "Ilya Mourametz" by Gliere (I bought it for the cool medieval Russian helmet on the cover. I had no idea what I was getting into).
First School:: Hamilton Elementary of Hamilton, Virginia
First House Location:: Pleasant Valley Farm, 1 1/2 miles from Hamilton
First Kiss:: Actual kiss, probably Sarah in first grade. First serious kiss, Merry with the Soft Voice in college (no, I didn't get out much).
First Car:: A used olive green 1964 Opel made in Germany (it was my parent's reward to me for surviving hepatitis)

---9 Lasts---
Last Time You Smoked:: Don't smoke, but in 1985 or so I got drunk and smoked half a pack of my best friend's cigarettes in an hour- he's never forgiven me.
Last Food You Ate:: Dannon Strawberry yogurt
Last Car Ride:: home from the reservoir park after walking the beast with four paws.
Last Movie You Watched:: "Letters from Iwo Jima."
Last Phone Call:: to Carmen to tell her I and the beast had made it home alright.
Last CD You Listened To:: "Fork in the Road" by The Infamous Stringdusters - Carmen bought it because they will be performing here for Merlefest next weekend
Last Bubble Bath You Took:: uh... never?
Last Song You Listened To:: dunno - one of the Stringbusters' things - reminded me of Allison Kraus
Last Words You Said:: something incoherently mumbled to Carmen when she left for work this morning.

---8 Have-You-Evers---
Dated A Best Friend:: not once we started dating, no.
Been Arrested:: no, but close once or twice
Been On TV:: yes, along with about 200 other audience members of Johnny Carson's 'Tonight Show'
Eaten Sushi:: You betcha!!
Cheated On Your B/F:: Don't know what this is. I probably didn't cheat on it though.
Been On A Blind Date:: yes - once.
Been Out Of The Country:: Yes.
Been In Love:: A number of times, but only the last time seems to count.

7 Things You Are Wearing---
1:: wonderful fluffy white bathrobe
2:: an earnest expression
3:: thin
4:: zip
5:: nada
6:: rien
7:: nichts

---6 Things You've Done Today---
1:: got up very late
2:: put on a robe
3:: brewed coffee while reading a book
4:: won a hand of spider solitaire
5:: ran through the entire list of 'Face to Face' links on Claw of the Conciliator
6:: wrote this thingy (and plagiarized this last line from die Stille)

Yeah, I know. Pretty pathetic for a beautiful Saturday morning. I can hear Mora laughing at me from the closet.

---5 Favorite Things (not in any order)---
1:: reading
2:: interlibrary loan
3:: translating French poorly
4:: doodling
5:: the color blue (all shades, tones, and hues)

---4 People You Most Trust--- [not in any specific order!]
1:: Dad (if you can count the deceased)
2:: Mother
3:: Carmen
4:: my older brother Jesse, perhaps

---3 Things You Want To Do Before You Die---
1:: learn French
2:: help all my nieces and nephews, real and putative, get through college
3:: take part in the first successful longevity pill experiment, and not get the placebo

---2 Choices---
Vanilla or Chocolate:: Chocolate (are you kidding?)
Hugs or Kisses:: hugs

---1 Person You Want To See Right Now---
1:: Dad. I'd like to ask him how he managed to run a big, fractious personnel department for that unnamed port city to our south. Could have some pointers for me and the history department

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 21 April, 2007 22:04, Blogger Elliot said...

LOL - and not get the placebo!

You went through all the links in my Face to Face section?! You MUST'VE been bored.

Though I suppose most of my friends ARE witty, attractive and generally interesting... ;-)

 
At 21 April, 2007 22:11, Blogger Clemens said...

Bored isn't quite the way I'd put it. And it was an educational experience.

And yes, your friends ARE, as far as I can tell from their blogs.

Except for Joey Sobrino, I don't think any of my friends even blog.

 
At 21 April, 2007 23:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Your* friends are too busy being witty, attractive and generally interesting in the nearest pub.

 
At 22 April, 2007 14:46, Blogger Clemens said...

True - but I am usually there too, though maybe not occupied in quite the same way.

And we don't call them 'pubs' in Watauga Co., USA. We call them 'pizzerias'. Don't want to upset the local temperance set.

Have you heard young Clovis' opinion of blogs? Not as enlightened as those Canadians.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home