16 April 2007

Procrastination - thy name is Mora

I am so troubled by procrastination, in fact is seems so much a part of life, my life anyway, that I have personified it and called it Mora - the Latin word for 'delay'. I picture Mora as a woman. Darkly glamorous, alluring, but not young - in fact, much older than she actually looks, and she looks about 37 (it's my fantasy and I can be as specific as I want). Medieval dress, of course. In fact, sort of like the Maid Marion figure in my Robin Hood's Castle figurines I had when I was about 9 years old (please keep in mind that I think Freud was a quack who promulgated a pseudo-science).

Anyway - what does it say about someone who is on a first name basis with Procrastination Personified?

But, I got the paper finished in time, and I am now about ready to do my income tax. Actually, I was going to do it today, but .... well... I was tired ... and it was a crummy day ... and I heard the voice of Mora.

Oh shit. It happened again.

2 Comments:

At 16 April, 2007 00:56, Blogger Elliot said...

Don't worry. I have personified versions of 'Spring' and 'Lust' in my head, which I almost think of as real goddesses. 'Depression' has a kind of demonic personality. So I don't think 'Mora' is too unusual. :-)

I wonder if all humans are basically polytheists or henotheists at heart. Even if there is just one God we can't help but imagining these different personifcations and minor powers.

 
At 16 April, 2007 01:01, Blogger Clemens said...

Man, that was fast.

I've never thought to personify lust. Not that it didn't have much to do with my life, at least once upon a time in a galaxy far far away.

I think we need 'icons' (in the computer sense) to keep our thoughts ordered. At least for those of us who are visual.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home