16 November 2007

Now THIS is a 'bad' review!!

Just read this review of a London restaurant. Hope it doesn't offend any Ukrainian-Americans out there. But the Brits do have a way with words. After an entire page of invective against the restaurant, the writer concludes:

Apparently Divo [the name of the restaurant] is Ukrainian for 'amazing', a name I cannot argue with. It is amazing that anybody thought a restaurant like this would be a good idea, amazing that they invested a reputed £2 million in the conversion, amazing that the result is so staggeringly, comically, bowel-twistingly poor. As we left, I was overcome by a strong feeling of gratitude, and not merely because the meal was over, but to my great-grandfather, Josef Boruchowicz. He was the one who had the gumption to escape the region of Eastern Europe which has supplied Divo's inspiration.

He saved me from having to eat this stuff every day. Thank you Josef. I owe you.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 19 November, 2007 18:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyiv shall be stricken from the itinerary.

--Joey

 
At 20 November, 2007 16:56, Blogger Clemens said...

Oh I don't know. I'm sure there must be a good French restaurant somewhere. Or an American style Pizzeria.

A friend of mine went to Hungary to visit her Dad's ancestral village. They served her one of their specials - a lard sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home