04 April 2008

OK - now let's bash a Democrat

There are lots of good reasons to admire and support Hilary Clinton - and then there are lots not to. On the whole, I do not. But I will cheerfully vote for her to get the incumbent gang out of my home town (Washington, DC), but the latest flap is almost too rich in irony. Here's Patrick over at Andrew Sullivan quoting Al Giordano on Mark Penn's continuing to lobby for a foreign government - for a free trade pact! - while running Clinton's campaign.

I can’t remember a presidential campaign in my lifetime in which the top strategist moonlighted for corporate accounts during the heat of the primaries (if that’s really what he was doing with the Colombian ambassador, as claimed: note that the Embassy told the Journal that it didn’t know which hat Penn was wearing). The conflict of interest is staggering.


The fact that Clinton continues to relay on an incompetent like Penn who has seriously hurt her campaign time and again says something about her management skills - and her need for loyalty above all. It's worth reading the whole thing.

In a real sense Hilary Clinton and John McCain are both incumbents. And I think they all have to go.


but I could be wrong.


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home