07 August 2008

The Politics of Paris

Paris Hilton is busy turning herself into the third rail of presidential politics. First her mother, a solid Repub who has maxed out her contributions to the party and its standard bearer, took great (and public) umbrage at having her child used as a political prop by the McCain camp as if there were something wrong with being Paris*.

Then Paris herself made her own political ad**, touting herself as making more sense than either candidate. The scary part: she did.

She also slipped the 'old-as-dirt' blade into McC's ribs in a way that can't be laid at Obama's door. Even Jim Manzi over on National Review Unhinged was able to see the humor of it.

UPDATE: this one by Kathleen Parker is even more pointed.
It's funny, clever, and on the nose — in a good way. Love it.

* I know, I know. As if.
** No link. I am philosophically opposed to that sort of stuff. Carmen insists.
I was going to call this post "We'll always have Paris," but thought that was a bit trite - and obvious. I don't mind being trite but....

.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 08 August, 2008 01:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hack or not, "We'll always have Paris" got a chuckle from me.

--Joey

 
At 11 August, 2008 15:10, Blogger Clemens said...

Wait til Tia gets her Youtube video of "I missed the bus to Dubrovnik" up. Careers will be ruined.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home