03 September 2008

South Ossetia!!

Never heard of it? Shame on you. Actually there are only three people in America who know the full history of the Ossetian people*. I know all three of them personally. One is retired, one is crazy, and I myself have forgotten all the details.

BUT, South Ossetia is the proximate cause of the Russian invasion, no no- incursion... no, visitation into Georgia by the Russian army, no no - para-military forces - uh, no, custom officials, into Georgia that nearly reached the Georgian capital**.

AND as a public service to any of you who have Russian relatives (or Russian colleagues) demanding to know why the Western press won't tell the truth about the Ossetian mess, here is a brief attempt to tell what might be called the truth (for lack of a better term) in something that passes for the Western Press. Actually, it's Wired Magazine.

No, No. No need to thank me.

*They're Iranians.
** It is a scurrilous lie that McCain demanded to know why we let Russians march through Atlanta. It was Sarah Palin.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 03 September, 2008 23:44, Blogger jack perry said...

Actually, many reporters saw "a very different story," according to Hahn, recalling reports of "few signs of damage by Russia."

Hmm. While some of the statements agree with what I've read, that definitely does not. I've read of Western journalists filming Russians bombing the city of Poti, and there is that matter of the railroad bridge that connects Tbilisi to Western Georgia. I suppose the Russians didn't really blow it up, but considering their track record on truth-telling so far…

 
At 04 September, 2008 13:18, Blogger Clemens said...

Well, I can tell you more about how the Alans migrated to the Caucasus and founded medieval Ossetia sooner than I can tell you what is going on there now. But I thought you and yours might be interested in an article with a slightly different slant.

But 'Wired'?

 
At 04 September, 2008 18:02, Blogger jack perry said...

I'd actually like to hear about the Alans' settling Ossetia.

 
At 05 September, 2008 21:10, Blogger Clemens said...

I'll post a brief history. If I can remember any of it. Or I could talk to the crazy guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home