04 October 2008

Sane Conservatives

Not as often as I should, but every now and then, searching for an antidote to the clowns and hacks who have taken over National Review, I turn to Professor Bainbridge's punditry blog. I like that term "Professor." Kind of makes you think he knows what he's talking about doesn't it? (well, it could happen). Here he neatly eviscerates Hugh Hewitt for claiming that McCain is going to win at the last moment. Hewitt attempts to make the point that it is the hard left that dislikes Bush so much, but the good professor will have none of it:
In the second place, it isn’t just the “hard left” that’s fed up with W. Words are scarcely adequate to express the depths to which Bush’s job approval have sunk. Many conservatives (like yours truly and Bruce Bartlett) gave up on Bush years ago. Now even cheerleaders like Grover Norquist have finally come to their senses (albeit only after throwing people like Bartlett under the bus):

Then he goes on to quote the same blurb about Grover Norquist that I used a few posts back. Even more interesting most of the comments are perfectly sane and rational. One of them, an Ohio attorney, has this to say:

I’m an Ohioan, who was considering voting for McCain. I voted for Bush twice. Eventually I’ve decided to hold my nose and vote for Obama. At the very least, he has intelligence and depth of character.

McCain has begun to scare me, especially when he “suspended his campaign” and accomplished nothing, then blamed the debacle on the Democrats. I’m not sure he has it all together. Worse, his VP pick is devoid of substance.

I know many others like me out here. Trust me on this, McCain has lost Ohio.


Don't know if we can take this at face value and it's only anecdotal evidence and Obama's lead is soft. Still.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home