12 October 2008

Sua cuique voluptas

Or, everyone has their own pleasures. One of mine is the sound and look of Latin. Ergo, this morning when I saw this column entitled 'Tu Betchus!' by Maureen Dowd, a columnist I ordinarily shun sicut pestis, I had to take a look. Mirabile visu! Half of it is written in Latin! Here is a taste of it:
Gubernatrix (prope Russia) Palina, spectans candidaciam MMXII, post multam educationem cum Kissingro et post multam parodiam de Sabbatis Nocte Vivo atque de Tina Feia, ferociter vituperat Obamam, ut supralupocidit (aerial shooting of wolves) in Hyperborea.

Well, what can I say. Dowd makes more sense in a dead language than she does in modern English!


ah well, diem perdidi et dis aliter visum as they said in old Roma

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12 October, 2008 21:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sicut delphinum natare doces

 
At 13 October, 2008 08:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, Clemens. This Latin is all Greek to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home