19 May 2011

New Motto for Sententiae!

I have been informed by La Cid* that the Clemen's family motto is:
Shabby but not rumpled**

Our new professional motto for Sententiae however is supplied by one of the "idea" men from the Republican party***, Newt "Loose Lips" Gingrich:
“Any ad which quotes what I said on Sunday is a falsehood because I have said publicly those words were inaccurate and unfortunate.”

So there.

I am now immune to criticism for whatever I said. Or will say. This is great.


*aka Carmen

**I intend to translate that into Latin someday for the family crest.

*** the other one being Paul Ryan, a man so stupid he thinks Atlas Shrugged is a great political novel. Where do they find these people? (btw, you and I pay his salary)

.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 19 May, 2011 21:50, Anonymous Maire said...

My sisters and I picked a motto years ago, and I did translate it into Latin: Nunc pretium totum annumera (never pay full price. I hope.)

 
At 20 May, 2011 15:38, Blogger Clemens said...

Placet mihi.

 
At 20 May, 2011 22:09, Anonymous The Old Man said...

Can I adopt the Alfred E. Neuman phase 'Quid, Me Anxius Sum?' (Hey as he once said "It takes one to know one and vice versa.")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home