18 September 2006

Clemen's Comedy Break!

Well, the news is pretty depressing right now, what with the pape giving esotreric academic lectures in German and reaching back to a 13th century Byzantine emperor to make a point - very easy to misunderstand. So I think I'll do something else this evening.

Lately Carmen has been listening to an audio book written and read by Robert Rankin with the greatest title I've ever heard: The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse. It seems to be about Jack's adventures in Toy City, formerly Toy Town, where old nursery rhyme characters live in comfy retirement paid for by their residuals. Only a battered old teddy bear named Eddie Bear can help Jack get to the bottom of a series of murders among the toys.

The main snippet I overheard was a discussion over beers of the religious beliefs of the toys of Toy City. It seems that Jack was tending toward 'Jack-in-the-box' revisionism' where they seem to believe everyone was brought to life by 'Big Box Fellow', but theology is not my strong point.

Anyway, here are some more bunnies, performing 'Star Wars' in 30 secs.
Thanks to the Denver Public Library.

And here are some pirate bunnies, brought to my attention by Cochon the Pig.

And just because they still crack me up, and I want to continue the medieval theme the Pope started, here they are, back by absolutely NO popular demand - Viking Kitties!

I think that I will post the Scandinavian felines once every six months or so. Mosby and Ben are so jealous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home