14 September 2006

Islam on Sententiae

I just realized that it is almost exactly a year since I started blogging on Sententiae. It is the perfect time to review what I have had to say about Islam and Muslims so far, since I intend to do a number of posts very soon on those topics, especially in relation to a short story by Dan Simmons.

So what have I said so far? Well, early on a note about Muhammad with a follow-up, that was the first message Elliot responded to. A few autobiographical entries about the Washington mosque here and here; a pretentious attempt to analyse whatever was going on in Gaza using Thomas Edison; a more general post on Muslims in medieval India (and a promise to write a history of the Spanish convivencia - look where that went); several posts about Arab blogs I like here and here and over here; a post about Ben Franklin and Muslims; the first of my Derbyshire moments over Islam and the second; Muslims invent Easter Eggs AND the theory of evolution; a Muslim view on al-Qaeda.

I know, terribly self-referential and a bit boring, but I wanted to put them all in one place. Now I will start posting about the Simmons story and the Spanish convivencia. Well, sometime within the next year or two.

3 Comments:

At 16 September, 2006 00:08, Blogger Joey said...

Hypothetical here.

You have to pick a faith. Scientology or Islam... what do you pick?

--Joey

 
At 17 September, 2006 14:29, Blogger Clemens said...

Islam.

I'd rather be a co-religionist of Osama b Ladin than of Tom Cruise.

 
At 17 September, 2006 14:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slightly more serious answer.

Islam.

I'd still be a 'God-Worshipper' (as the Chinese say).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home