23 March 2006

A Self-defining moment at "National Review"

"One doesn't want to be accused of inhuman callousness; but I am willing to confess, and believe I speak for a lot of ["To-Hell-With-Them-Hawks"] (and a lot of other Americans, too) that the spectacle of Middle Eastern Muslims slaughtering each other is one that I find I can contemplate with calm composure," - John Derbyshire, National Review.


I suppose this must mean that Derbyshire is another conservative pundit who is turning on George Bush, who, at the moment at least, seems rather concerned about Muslims slaughtering each other. Or perhaps he is suggesting that we should simply declare a plague on all their houses, and go home. Or just maybe he really is displaying "inhuman callousness". Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 23 March, 2006 13:11, Blogger Elliot said...

I'm voting "callousness."

 
At 29 March, 2006 20:16, Blogger Clemens said...

Hmmm. Sounds about right.
Although I like the idea of a 'Derbyshire Award' for similar rants against Muslims. Derbyshire has a large body of work to back up the appropriateness of the award (as Andrew Sullivan often points out).

Stay tuned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home