29 January 2007

Ode to a Pen

What else do I want to say today? I have my old clunky mail-order pen - the one that Consumer Reports rated lowest - yet pointed out that it was the favorite of at least a few of their testers. It is big and solid and has survived the years – I can't even remember when I got it. I think I was still in Florida. An old companion if not a dear friend. The same is true of my little blue Schaeffer. I got it when I was still in High School (oh, surely not). I have kept it through all the years, while the italic Parker, which I loved, was lost in Boston back centuries ago, or at least a few decades ago. St Anthony did not come through on that one.

[from my retreat journal at the monastery]

2 Comments:

At 30 January, 2007 21:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we need to hold another Intervention?

 
At 01 February, 2007 20:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No no. I was just sorta doodling you know. I can handle it. I think.

I hope you won't let this little, uh, incident, prevent your daughter from coming to visit tomorrow.

Uncle Clemens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home