07 March 2007

"300" and the Spartans

Claw of the Conciliator has already started a discussion on the Spartans as portrayed in "300," the movie coming out this weekend. I hope to post something on the Spartans later, perhaps after I see the movie. I am going this Saturday with Maire, Clovis, and the gang (sometimes called "that family" at our favorite pizzeria). But for the time being, here is Victor Davis Hanson's take on it at the National Reviews "Corner" blog. I have a lot of respect for Hanson as an historian of ancient Greece, so his view should carry some weight. We'll have to wait and see if his prediction that critics will not like it because it takes a clear cut moral stance is accurate.

But, as I say, I will write more on it after I see the movie.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home