03 May 2007

Personal interlude: a sad time

My youngest aunt died yesterday and Carmen and I are going to drive up to Northern Virginia for the funeral. It has preoccupied me a bit (along with a paper I am working on for a conference in Michigan next week) so I have not been posting, or even replying to comments, for the last few days. I won't start again until next week.

In the meantime, I hope everyone is well. I will leave you with a homework assignment. If you saw the Republican debate tonight, tell us what you thought. Any candidates stand out, for good or bad? Any favorites?

3 Comments:

At 04 May, 2007 23:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For many years now, the Republicans greatest advanatge over the democrats has been party unity -- their united front. It turns out, in a debate unity is really dull.

 
At 06 May, 2007 10:12, Blogger jack perry said...

My condolences on your aunt.

I didn't watch the debate (no cable, and an insufficient internet connection) so I can't comment.

 
At 21 May, 2007 23:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much belated but sorry to hear that

--Joey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home