19 July 2007

Results of Harry Potter's Puppet Pals Post

(... or is too much alliteration a bad thing). Actually I am talking about this post which showed the lost episode of Harry Potter and the Mysterious Ticking Noise. I thought it was so dumb it was brilliant, and I love Valdemort in it.

No response here yet, but I talked to Maeráed and Mulan both (Maeráed is five and Mulan is twelve). They both loved it and wanted it played over and over. In fact, Mulan visited me in my office and asked to see it again.

Their parents, on the other hand, thought it was dumb.

So what does this tell us about Clemens' sense of humor?



Oh well. AOL had it posted for all its subscribers and it has even generated a fan parody - a parody of a parody. But I am not sure that makes me feel any better.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 20 July, 2007 02:28, Blogger edX said...

I suppose 'too much alliteration' might be a 'bad thing' as it focuses the reader on being able to pronounce the alliterative phrase as opposed to appreciating its meaning. When today's 'click-i'm outta-here-because-my-
small-brain-is-aching' culture is taken into consideration, it is a 'bad thing'. That is when good things become bad because the masses don't know better.;)

gadgit.vox.com

 
At 20 July, 2007 10:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... "silly" would maybe be more accurate than "dumb."

But Madame is still asking us to play it again!

 
At 20 July, 2007 17:37, Blogger Elliot said...

I think it's brilliant too.

 
At 20 July, 2007 17:45, Blogger Clemens said...

Thnaks, uh, Mr Inquisitor. Always nice to hear views on alliteration.

Maire: So you're saying we're silly? After all, so far, it's Clemens, a five year old girl, a twelve year old young lady, and Elliot.

Uhh. Let me think about this for a bit.

 
At 01 August, 2007 21:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I kind of enjoyed it too. Maybe that says something about our relationship, Clements. Or something about our maturity when we fall into a group with a five and eight year old.

 
At 02 August, 2007 15:19, Blogger Clemens said...

Old Man -

Hmm. Could it be that my sense of humor is not as different as I once thought from the family sense of humor?

So we are up to a five yr old, a 12 yr old, Clemens, his oldest brother, and Elliot.

I'm checking into a re-education camp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home