19 September 2006

A Homeschooler and Beowulf

This is an interesting interpretation of the saga of Beowulf from Ruth Beechick* on a page for Christian homeschooling. My old history professors actually had the whole stroy wrong! But beyond saying that, I will let the story speak for itself.

Thanks to Dr Robin Fleming of the Haskins Society for bringing this to my attention.

*judging from the explanation of Beowulf's name given in the first paragraph, her name must mean 'Chick who hunts bees' ' in Old English.

2 Comments:

At 19 September, 2006 12:24, Blogger Elliot said...

Groaaaaan.

 
At 20 September, 2006 10:42, Blogger Clemens said...

Is that groan for me or Ms Beechick? 8-)

Blogger sends me the text of comments by e-mail with no indication of which post it refers to. Sometimes I am quite surprised when I go to the post to check them out.

I had assumed your 'groaaaaan' was for the '30 sec Star Wars as performed by Bunnies'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home