26 August 2007

Attempts at a new schedule

Now that school is back, I am going to have to try out a new schedule. One thing is clear: I have to be productive first thing in the morning if I want to get anything done. I am no longer very productive late in the evening, perhaps because of sleep problems or simply advancing age. I used to get a lot done after midnight but now all I can do in those hours is surf the web and play spider solitaire neither of which will look good on my annual report.

I will try to get up before 7 every morning, do my little routine, and hop the bus by 7:30 or get in the car and leave by 8. I want to be in my office working by 9 and to stay until 6 or so. Then when I get home I can relax, read, and play with my blogs.

The only problem so far is that it seems to take me about 2 hours to actually become fully awake. I drink a little pot of coffee first thing, but caffeine has never had all that much effect on me. Writing my matins helps as much as anything. I will give it a try. I certainly have to try something - the last few years have seen me falling further and further behind in all of my work. I blame it all on incurable sleep apnea.

i.e. ... it's not my fault.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 29 August, 2007 13:55, Blogger Elliot said...

Perhaps a sleep clinic would help?

 
At 02 September, 2007 13:56, Blogger Clemens said...

It was the sleep clinic that told me the solution was a CPAP machine - which I now use. It helps a bit but clearly doesn't solve the problem.

Besides, I like having an all purpose excuse for virtually everything.

 
At 11 September, 2007 10:37, Blogger Clemens said...

Apparently my department chair doesn't buy it.

Dang! I am beginning to fear he understands my sense of humor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home