16 January 2008

Huckabee - the Christian candidate

I've always wondered exactly what makes some candidates tick. This message just came to me as part of a newsletter put together by a former student of mine. He's a dyed in the wool Repub if there ever was one. Was even a campaign manager for a local Republican not too long ago.

He seems to be angry at the
Huckabee campaign. Here's his explanation:

While sitting at home, minding my own business - my telephone rings. It's not bad enough to get calls at nearly 9 PM from people wanting to talk about the issues du jour, but getting autocalls - and push polling autocalls to boot - really got my nerve up.

It's one thing to attack your opponent - a necessary evil in politics. But to be so cowardly as to call people from a number that is disconnected, with a fake committee name, violate South Carolina law, and claim to be a Christian is just baffling to me. If Mike Huckabee really disavows and doesn't support this tactic, but is so incompetent to stop people who are calling on his own behalf - just imagine how (in)effective he would be in international politics signing treaties and other sensitive "Presidential responsibilities".


Best of all:
the telephone poll here.

I have read a lot about these things, but this is the first time I've ever actually heard one before. What impresses me is how crude it all sounds. Could it be someone for Huckabee playing dirty tricks? I head the big H himself today saying that he was disavowing all such calls and publicly calling for them to cease and desist. Was he being genuine? I don't know. Could this actually be a dirty trick played by someone NOT for Huckabee? I don't know that either.

So someone is playing dirty tricks on behalf of someone, and Clemens doesn't know much about modern campaigning. I think we can all agree on that.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home