04 September 2008

Presidential Heat

The folks over at National Review are getting quite worked up over Palin. I thought Joey Sobrino was being a little arch with his 'naughty librarian' comment, but now I realize that he was actually being subtle. Now the NRO crowd are talking about her "Paglian chthonic sexual power"* and her "unabashed embrace of her fecundity and motherhood ." Ok. If these are factors in the race, just say so.

For me, I always appreciated Golda Mier's no nonsense Brooklyn school marm fortitude. And I thought Chris Matthews was a little weird about getting a tingle up his leg every time he heard Obama speak. I am almost afraid to think what kind of meltdown he might have now.

But when they start talking about “novel problem for a presidential candidate: sexual tension with his VP” I am not sure we really want to go there.

*Paglia herself is quite charmed by Palin, but can anyone actually pronounce 'chthonic?'

.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 05 September, 2008 00:40, Blogger jack perry said...

Just want to note, in case you didn't know, that the "naughty librarian" appellation comes from that Irish Late Night host. I forget his name. There's a YouTube video of it somewhere; just search for "naughty librarian". It's hilarious.

 
At 05 September, 2008 12:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^Craig Ferguson though I think he is Scottish.

--Joey

 
At 05 September, 2008 12:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh-lW2opLyQ

 
At 05 September, 2008 21:08, Blogger Clemens said...

Jack - THANKS! I found it and linked to it.

Uh - and thanks too Joey, though I found it on my own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home