01 February 2007

A Few Problems with Blogger

I am not sure what has been going on, but Blogger seems to have gone crazy the last 48 hours. Maybe it is better now. About a week ago it gave me no options for signing in except to convert over to new Blogger, which I tried to do. Unfortunately it didn't bother to tell me that my e-mail address would now be my new user name. Since I only have one e-mail address for personal use, I dutifully plugged it in when asked. But that meant two different blogs with two different user names and two different passwords were now trying to fit into one account.

I don't know if that is the root of my problems, but all through yesterday I could not access Sententiae in any way, and then late in the afternoon it blocked me from the second blog too. Then just for good measure on my third, family, blog it refused to allow the link to my other two blogs to operate. To top it off blogger would not let me sign in using any of my user names, nor my e-mail address, to make comments on Claw of the Conciliator and Theocoid*. At that point I gave up in frustration, went to bed and finished listening to Green Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson. (Quite an epic by the way)

Today, in between the darkest thoughts about the state of the souls of the people who run Blogger and Google, and thoughts of simply tanking all three blogs, I read up on the development of towns in the early middle ages. Good stuff, and its what I should have been doing anyway.

I also took lots of notes with my favorite fountain pens, Maire, because THEY WORK!! Reagan was wrong - the most frightening words in English are NOT "I'm from the Federal government and I'm here to help you" but rather "I'm from technical support and I am here to upgrade your system."

*They were brilliant comments, too! In one I tried to encapsulate the history of the entire Spanish Civil War and its aftermath while discussing movie reviews.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 01 February, 2007 21:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, ballpoints work too. ANd they're cheaper. And rarely inspire addiction.

 
At 01 February, 2007 22:56, Blogger Ian said...

Blogger has been giving me trouble all day too. I think every blogspot blog was down over lunch, central standard time. It happened right after I made some changes to my template and I felt, for a brief moment, like I broke the whole internet.

 
At 02 February, 2007 11:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maire - ballpoints are instruments of the Devil!! No, really. I realized this years ago when I read that Will and Ariel Durant used cheap Bic ballpoints to write ALL of their popular history books.

Ian:
Thank God - and thank you. I thought it was just me. I didn't think I broke the whole internet, but I was pretty sure I had destroyed my blogs.

I am still having trouble with with signing in for comments, but I remain your faithful and humble, etc.,

Clemens

 

Post a Comment

<< Home